Show printable version of 'IP and Geochemical Surveys Define Significant Targ...' in a New Window
News Releases
 Thu Apr 21, 2005
IP and Geochemical Surveys Define Significant Targets on the Leicester Licence:

 Helio Resource Corp. ("Helio" or the "Company") and Yale Resources Ltd. ("Yale") are pleased to announce the receipt of data from recently completed geochemical and induced-polarisation (IP) geophysical surveys over the Leicester property, located in northwest Namibia, southern Africa. The surveys were designed to test large magnetic anomalies coincident with known copper mineralisation as reported in the Company's press release dated November 16, 2004 (

Leicester is a copper-gold target, highlighted as follows:
  • Located adjacent to a major regional structure - the 150km-long Rehderstal Fault. A "jog" in the Rehderstal Fault is coincident with a 7km x 4km copper in stream sediment anomaly (2,449 samples covering 88km2), a 7km x 3km magnetic anomaly, and a Landsat iron oxide anomaly;

  • Copper mineralisation is hosted by deformed granites, volcanics and Damara sediments;

  • Falconbridge drilled eight diamond drill holes for 1,357m in the 1960s, seven of which intersected copper mineralization. The best drill intersections from each of these zones - located 7.8km apart - were 19.3m @ 1.53% Cu & 35g/t Ag and 9.9m @ 0.71% Cu respectively. Mineralisation is open at depth and along strike, and gold was never assayed for.
The IP and soil sampling surveys cover a 9 x 3km grid using a 400m line spacing and 50m sample spacing. The grid was planned to cover the main magnetic target to better define targets for drill testing during 2005.

The surveys identified two main zones of anomalous IP chargeability, hosted in sheared granitic basement rocks and a variably brecciated volcanic and sedimentary units adjacent to the main fault:
  1. The Main Anomaly covers 7km of strike length, and is up to 1km across (see attached map).

  2. A second zone of anomalous IP chargeability is located to the north of the Main Anomaly and covers an area of 2,000m x 500m. The second zone is open to the east. Both IP anomalies are adjacent to the known copper occurrences discovered by Falconbridge in the 1960s, but have never been drill tested.
The IP anomalies are adjacent to anomalous Cu-in-soil geochemistry. A number of anomalous zones (Cu>20ppm versus a background of Cu<10ppm in a sample population of over 1,040 samples) were discovered during the recent work, and these appear to link the known mineralised copper occurrences to the newly discovered IP anomalies. The anomalies are also extensively covered by sand and calcrete regolith.

The recently completed programme also included geological mapping and petrographic studies of the area to assist in understanding the controls on mineralization. The petrographic studies indicate that the rock units underlying the Main Anomaly contain a variety of copper minerals including chalcopyrite, bornite, chalcocite and digenite together with malachite and chrysocolla. Mineralisation is associated with magnetite, haematite and pyrite.

The next phase of work will include more detailed geological mapping and geophysical surveying within the recently discovered anomalies followed by drill testing.

Yale can earn an initial 51% interest by spending C$2,900,000 over 4 years, issuing 1,075,000 shares and making cash payments totaling C$65,000. Yale can then elect to earn an additional 24% interest (for a total 75% interest) by carrying all costs to completion of a Bankable Feasibility Study, and issuing an additional 1,000,000 shares to Helio.

Chris MacKenzie, Chartered Geologist and Helio's Executive Chairman, is the Qualified Person as designated by NI43-101 and has reviewed and approved the content of this news release.

For additional information, please contact Richard Williams at (604) 668 8356 or by email at


"Richard D. Williams"
Richard D. Williams, P.Geo

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Click to Enlarge

You can return to the Top of this page